Saturday, March 2, 2013

It's been a long road...and still a long road ahead

I won't bore you with the details of why I am finally here to tell you my story, but I need to give you a little background.  I have always had a slight overbite and crowded bottom teeth.  I am 53 years old, but wanted to finally have the dental care I should have had as a child now that we had the means to provide that.  So I began the journey of orthodontia at the ripe age of 52 in October of 2011.  We started with wire braces on the bottom teeth, and the plan was to remove them in 10 months and start with Invisalign for both upper and lower to correct the overbite and finishing touches.

Getting the braces was not big deal...just annoying to wear day in and day out.  I got thought it well enough, and in August of 2012, I had them removed.

Removing braces is painful!!  And long!!  But it was worth the pain and discomfort at the time because finally I will be able to eat popcorn, nuts, and other fun things I have been avoiding.

A retainer was made for me to wear everyday until my invisalign trays came in (5 weeks leadtime!!).  The trays came and I started wearing them in November.

I know, this story is pretty ordinary and boring up till now, but BRACE YOURSELF!!  You will be horrified at the ordeal I endured the following months after removing my braces and coping with Invisalign.

No comments:

Post a Comment