Saturday, March 2, 2013

A pain in the neck

In the fall of 2012 (shortly after I got out of braces and into a retainer), I started feeling a mild pain in my neck...it felt like a kink.  I am a very active person who likes to exercise quite a bit, so I figured I was doing something to intensively.  I let it go for a month, and when it didn't go away on its own, I called my physical therapist to see if she could get the kinks out.  We worked on it over a few weeks.  During this time I was in a retainer, but had just come out of wire braces a few weeks before.

I never made the connection between the braces and the neck pain...and will not do that for several months.

The PT went on and off over the next few months.  Finally in December of 2012, I decided to see a doctor about the neck pain, which kept getting worse despite the PT.

No comments:

Post a Comment